Marshall Art Studio:

Illustration Friday Night

Clear: X-Ray Specs

iFriday

Tech Talk

Adobe Illustrator and Corel Painter combo. Some reference elements for collage

DVD Extra

Interior of 1369 coffee house.

iFridaynista

The curse of doing new work for iFriday: Sometimes it's tough. This week's was a struggle every step of the way. Concept, materials, you name it. After way too many hours, I finally settled on the sketch I thought was funniest. Keeping within my prime directives, I used this assignment to learn Corel Painter's Acrylic tool. I responded to last week's input on using the "glaze" technique, but still couldn't get the modeling done well enough to lose the outlines -- if I wanted to finish during the weekend. So here it is ... imperfect, but at least it exists. Rip away!

Every week I promise myself to work faster and smarter. So far, haven't done it. Is this the best I can do?

Comments So Far ...

Blogger Dave M! says:

Archived comments from the IFN's more wholesome sister:

Natura says:
(November 12, 2006 9:46 PM) Ha, fun idea and very well done!

Anonymous says:
(November 13, 2006 9:36 AM) Ha!! If only! Good good work!

Jeannette says:
(November 13, 2006 11:21 PM) I looove this!

Anonymous says:
(November 14, 2006 2:52 AM) wow DUDE!Your stuff is really great, i like them all!and i want a pair of those X-ray contact lenses ok?

PaintMonster says:
(November 14, 2006 4:31 AM) hahahaaha funny!

Anonymous says:
(January 1, 2007 1:40 AM) "It's 2006 and we live in New York City....Who the hell has pubic hair anymore?" Permanent Link

What's An Illustration Friday Night?

Like its older sister, Illustration Friday Night is a voluntary, client-free playground for illustrators. A topic is posted every Friday morning. Participants from around the world create, post and share their interpretations. Think of us as a younger, more mischievous sibling.

No Client? Why Bother?

At this stage of my career, I need a weekly public exercise to draw anything at all.

Freshness Dating

Unless otherwise stated, my iFriday Night work is all-new, created soley for that week's theme. Other Freshness categories include:

• Repurposed
    Old art, lifted straight from the archives with no current modifications
  • Refurbished
    Previously-viewed art, modified and enhanced for current times
  • Alt Theme
    Past iFriday Night themes, presented when I have nothing for the current week's theme

Mission Statement

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
-- Andre Gide

Learn More about iFriday Night

Use this lovely banner:

IFN banner

Contact

Hero for Hire

Put this creative services expertise to work for you:

Advertising