Marshall Art Studio:

Web Development + Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Comic Book Art

Skip to Content

Marshall Art Studio: Illustration Friday

[Back to top]

Illustration Friday

my high school yearbook cover
updated yearbook cover

The big one's the original cover of my high school yearbook, my first published illustration. The color version, which updates the 1980 cover characters, was part of a website for my 20th reunion.

Tech Talk 1980

India ink, crow-quill pen, which I'd been using for all of one week. Before then, my drawings were pic-pen renderings of Evel Knevel or Spider-Man on my term papers. Competition for this honor was intense, so if you think the drawing's shaky, you should see who they rejected.

Tech Talk 2000

Photoshop, Painter.

Comments So Far ...

Blogger Michelle Lana says:

Great illo....they are both great! Permanent Link

Blogger Lu*** says:

very good! love it Permanent Link

Blogger JTart says:

Wow, these are really cool! Permanent Link

Blogger Brine Blank says:

That was pretty good inking back in the day...and great that you could carry it into the future...just wait until you get to do the design for the 50th reunion... Permanent Link

Blogger scribblesk says:

Very talented even as a youngster! Permanent Link

Blogger andrea says:

Great idea. At my 10th high school reunion (too long time now) I was contacted by the same guy who got me to do all the title pages for the school annual to create a banner for the celebration. Some things never change! Permanent Link

What the Heck is Illustration Friday?

Think of it as a voluntary, client-free playground for illustrators. A topic is posted every Friday morning. Participants from around the world create, post and share their interpretations.

No Client? Why Bother?

At this stage of my career, I need a weekly public exercise to draw anything at all.

Freshness Dating

Unless otherwise stated, my iFriday work is all-new, created soley for that week's theme. Other Freshness categories include:

• Repurposed
    Old art, lifted straight from the archives with no current modifications
  • Refurbished
    Previously-viewed art, modified and enhanced for current times
  • Alt Theme
    Past iFriday themes, presented when I have nothing for the current week's theme

Mission Statement

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
-- Andre Gide

Learn More about iFriday

Use this lovely banner:

IF logo

Contact

Hero for Hire

Put this creative services expertise to work for you:

Advertising