Marshall Art Studio:

Web Development + Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Comic Book Art

Skip to Content

Marshall Art Studio: Illustration Friday

[Back to top]

Illustration Friday

iFriday

Tech Talk Adobe Illustrator (with airbrush blends in Photoshop), found art. Backwards-engineered album art for custom presentation. Turns out going vector isn't much faster for me than Painter.

Time Machine For those younger than dirt, this is my vamped-up rendition of Joy, a character from the hit 1970s Saturday morning live-action Bugaloos (Official | Wiki). Considering its producers might have been high as a kite -- even by 1970s standards -- it's a miracle the episodes were even coherent. The show's popularity was very likely from Caroline Ellis, the 19-year-old actress who played Joy. It's been over 30 years now. Can you name someone other than Caroline or Martha Raye?

Pinup for my vamped-up version, the body is based on a 26-year old Mara Carday (AOL Photo Swipe | Official | Wiki).

iFridaynista Slow work week for Dave? Yes.

Comments So Far ...

Blogger HARDWAX says:

No I can't, and I don't know the show, but I think I'm sorry I missed it.
This young woman looks like she has a buzz on and looking to put the buzz on others given half a chance-look at her busily lacing her fairy shoes.
Beautiful work, wow! Permanent Link

Blogger steve says:

Great stuff! I think I had a crush on her as a kid. All those shows were very "inspired" I think--land of the Lost, Banana Split Gang, and of course H.R. Puffinstuff. Permanent Link

Anonymous Detlef says:

This one (thankfully?) didn't make down under - at least not that I can recall. I had thought of doing a homage to the Buzzcocks for this topic, but time escapes me. I did enjoy the Banana Splits. Permanent Link

Blogger Jeannette says:

great legs! Permanent Link

Blogger Pati @-;-- says:

Wow! Beautiful pair of legs :) Awesome illo! Permanent Link

Blogger Michelle Lana says:

great work! Permanent Link

Blogger mikepflaumart says:

Dave,
Love your work. also enjoy your 'tech talk'. Always like to hear about the tools others use, especially if it's painter, in their work. Permanent Link

Blogger Digital Scott's illustrationblog says:

Another great piece that makes me think of Vargas...

You surely are busy at illustration this week! Permanent Link

Blogger JO says:

Very cool illo, though I have to say I love your coffee stain!! I think it's probably my favorite of the week. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Permanent Link

Blogger Nicole says:

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's a big encouragement for me. Permanent Link

Blogger patrick says:

very sexy,shes beautiful.

great piece. Permanent Link

Blogger Chio_Garu says:

Cool ^^ Permanent Link

Blogger Toyebot says:

Sexy piece! Illustrator is tuff..Cheers Permanent Link

Anonymous Linda S says:

The Bugaloo girl is divine. Your type, perhaps? (I must figure out what I did with those lace-up slippers....) Permanent Link

What the Heck is Illustration Friday?

Think of it as a voluntary, client-free playground for illustrators. A topic is posted every Friday morning. Participants from around the world create, post and share their interpretations.

No Client? Why Bother?

At this stage of my career, I need a weekly public exercise to draw anything at all.

Freshness Dating

Unless otherwise stated, my iFriday work is all-new, created soley for that week's theme. Other Freshness categories include:

• Repurposed
    Old art, lifted straight from the archives with no current modifications
  • Refurbished
    Previously-viewed art, modified and enhanced for current times
  • Alt Theme
    Past iFriday themes, presented when I have nothing for the current week's theme

Mission Statement

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
-- Andre Gide

Learn More about iFriday

Use this lovely banner:

IF logo

Contact

Hero for Hire

Put this creative services expertise to work for you:

Advertising