Marshall Art Studio:

Web Development + Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Comic Book Art

Skip to Content

Marshall Art Studio: Illustration Friday

[Back to top]

Illustration Friday

iFriday

New art, Painter Gouache. This was supposed to be a saucy superheroine in distress piece. The project got a bit sidetracked by my memory of Watchmen, Alan Moore's classic graphic novel about how superheroes couldn't work in the real world. Basically, my illustration depicts the only known example of people wearing masks and special outfits to violently enforce their own views of justice.

Comments So Far ...

Blogger studio lolo says:

Beautifully depicted...although that seems somewhat of an oxymoronic statement! The Klan is anything but beautiful. Permanent Link

Blogger Brine Blank says:

Very nice technique on this... Permanent Link

Blogger Craig Shaw Gardner says:

Wow, Klanman is one creepy picture. I like whayever you did with the cross. While the color scheme suggests fire, it also makes the cross look almost alive -- like its "out to get you!" Very effective. Permanent Link

Blogger Tony LaRocca says:

I remember from a psych course that three factors that make an extremely dangerous situation when combined are a) Uniforms, b) gestalt thinking, and c) anonymity Permanent Link

Blogger HARDWAX says:

The ultimate horror show, rendered so beautifully, that the viewer can feel the heat and hate! Permanent Link

Blogger steve says:

It's tough to believe there are people who actually think and act this way. I remember the impact Mississippi Burning had on me when I watched it. Actually, we viewed it as an entire class in college and I remember how not a single person left that bulding without a tear in their eye. I admire your work being bold and confrontational and well rendered to boot. Permanent Link

Blogger Willie says:

Very sobering. Permanent Link

Anonymous robertc says:

wow...another amazing piece. great composition on a figure that holds such disdain. Permanent Link

Anonymous at says:

i agree with all the praise, but "the only known example of people wearing masks and special outfits to violently enforce their own views of justice"? Permanent Link

What the Heck is Illustration Friday?

Think of it as a voluntary, client-free playground for illustrators. A topic is posted every Friday morning. Participants from around the world create, post and share their interpretations.

No Client? Why Bother?

At this stage of my career, I need a weekly public exercise to draw anything at all.

Freshness Dating

Unless otherwise stated, my iFriday work is all-new, created soley for that week's theme. Other Freshness categories include:

• Repurposed
    Old art, lifted straight from the archives with no current modifications
  • Refurbished
    Previously-viewed art, modified and enhanced for current times
  • Alt Theme
    Past iFriday themes, presented when I have nothing for the current week's theme

Mission Statement

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
-- Andre Gide

Learn More about iFriday

Use this lovely banner:

IF logo

Contact

Hero for Hire

Put this creative services expertise to work for you:

Advertising